Visiting Lightning Ridge
Visitors can enjoy all that Lightning Ridge has to offer including the local tours, bars, and theme park. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, art, and restaurants.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Lightning Ridge
- The closest major airport is in Walgett, NSW (WGE) 80.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lightning Ridge
The city's cultural venues include Bottle House Mining Museum and Chambers of the Black Hand. Additionally, you might want to add The Black Queen to your agenda.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for Lightning Ridge
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 54°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 37°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 91°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Average annual rainfall for Lightning Ridge is 0.94 inches
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 38°F