Visiting Kuwait City
Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Kuwait City, which is also known for its cafés and spas. This city also attracts tourists with its waterfront. A top sight in the city is The Avenues Mall.
- There are 91 hotels and other accommodations in Kuwait City
- The closest major airport is in Kuwait City (KWI-Kuwait Intl.) 12.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuwait City
Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to The Avenues Mall, Souk Al Mubarakiya, and Souq Sharq Mall. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Shuwaikh Port and Marina Crescent are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kuwait House of National Works: Memorial Museum and Kuwait National Stadium.
In Kuwait City, you'll find 91 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sheraton Kuwait, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Kuwait City - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 5 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuwait at Burj Alshaya - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features 5 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kuwait City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 112°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 114°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 101°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- About 3.62 inches of rain falls on Kuwait City each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 112°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F