Visitors give high marks for the riverfront in Kuching, which is also known for its festivals and seafood restaurants. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its rainforests.
- There are 118 hotels and other accommodations in Kuching
- The closest major airport is in Kuching (KCH-Kuching Intl.) 15.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuching
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Sarawak Timber Museum, Cat Museum, and Tun Jugah Foundation. The city is notable for landmarks like Masjid Jamek, Kampung Boyan, and Fort Margherita. The riverfront and rainforest highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Friendship Park, Mount Santubong, and Bako National Park.
In Kuching, there are 118 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ranee Boutique Suites - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Pine Garden Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with free WiFi.
- Cove 55 - This 3.5-star resort features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Kuching
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Kuching is 5.63 inches
- August and June are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while February and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F