Visiting Isle of Lewis
Visitors can enjoy all that Isle of Lewis has to offer including the beaches and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Isle of Lewis
- The closest major airport is in Stornoway (SYY) 15.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Isle of Lewis
Cultural venues in the city include Blue Pig Studio, Blackhouse Museum, and Morven Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Callanish Standing Stones, Gearannan Blackhouse Village, and Carloway Broch. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Calanais Standing Stones and Callanish Stone Circle.
As you start planning for your getaway to Isle of Lewis, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 6 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Dramatic Sea Views at Highgales Seaside Croft House is located 15.5 mi from the heart of Isle of Lewis. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Isle of Lewis features free breakfast and free parking.
- Dramatic Sea Views at Highgales Seaside Croft House is 12.2 mi from central Isle of Lewis. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Stornoway can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- The Royal Hotel is 12.2 mi from the center of Isle of Lewis. Guests who stay at this 4-star guesthouse in Stornoway can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Isle of Lewis
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 56°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 52°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Isle of Lewis gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 57°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F