Visiting Isla Bastimentos
Visitors to Isla Bastimentos are sure to enjoy the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its secluded setting.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Isla Bastimentos
- The closest major airport is in Bocas del Toro (BOC-Bocas del Toro Intl.) 10.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Isla Bastimentos
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Bastimentos National Marine Park, Nivida Bat Cave, and Playa Larga. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Red Frog Beach and Wizard Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Isla Bastimentos. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Red Frog Beach Island Resort - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Palmar Beach Lodge - This 2.5-star lodge features a restaurant, a free area shuttle, and concierge services.
Dressing for Isla Bastimentos
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- Average annual rainfall for Isla Bastimentos is 112.68 inches
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 68°F