Visitors to Honiara are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls and churches.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Honiara
- The closest major airport is in Honiara (HIR-Honiara Intl.) 6.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Honiara
The city's cultural venues include National Museum and Museum of Traditional Houses. The city is notable for landmarks like Holy Cross Catholic Cathedral, National Parliament, and American Memorial. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Botanical Gardens.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Honiara. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Heritage Park Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- Pacific Casino Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 5 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Honiara
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 75°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Honiara is 2.48 inches
- April and October are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F