Overview of Discovery Parks – Hobart
Choose dates to view prices
Free cancellation on all units
Book with confidence knowing you'll have flexibility if plans change.
Superior Cottage, 2 Bedrooms
Standard 2 Bedroom Balcony Cabin - Pet Friendly
Standard Cabin (6 Berth)
Economy Cabin (4 Berth)
Economy Cabin (6 Berth)
Economy Cabin (Pet Friendly)
About this area
Located in Risdon, Discovery Parks – Hobart is in the historical district. Salamanca Place is a notable landmark, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Constitution Dock and Hobart Cruise Terminal. Subantarctic Plant House and Hobart Aquatic Centre are also worth visiting.
- Derwent Entertainment Centre - 7 min drive
- Theatre Royal - 12 min drive
- Blundstone Arena - 12 min drive
- Tasmanian Hockey Centre - 12 min drive
- Museum of Old and New Art - 13 min drive
- Tasmanian Transport Museum Station - 9 min drive
- Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) - 18 min drive
About this property
Discovery Parks – Hobart
Parking and transport
Services and conveniences
Things to do
Special check-in instructions
- The front desk is open daily from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM. <br />
Renovations and closures
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
Payment types accepted at this property
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Property is also known as
- Discovery Holiday Parks Hobart Campground Risdon
- Discovery Holiday Parks Hobart Campground
- Discovery Holiday Parks Hobart Risdon
- Discovery Parks Hobart Campground Risdon
- Discovery Parks Hobart Campground
- Discovery Parks Hobart Risdon
- Discovery Parks Hobart Apartment Risdon
- Discovery Parks Hobart Apartment
- Discovery Parks Hobart
- Discovery Holiday Parks Hobart
Only stayed a night before flying out of Tassie so it was only to have a bed. The cabins are small and if there is more than 4 then you will struggle for space unless you are ok with that. We didn't look to closely to the location (my fault) when booking as everything in Hobart was booked because of school holidays only to find when we arrived in Hobart that it was directly across from the Risdon prison which did leave the family a little on edge given that 1 guy escaped as we arrived in Hobart (caught him after a week so just before we stayed). When we drove out early in the morning before reception had opened every window had a full metal shutter pulled down over it to prevent break-ins I can only assume so that sums up the area really. Amenities and facilities are pretty basic. Kids get a small area to play (jumping pillow, small climbing) and the condition of the mini golf has a lot to be desired. Got in, got out. Lady on the counter was friendly though when we arrived.