Visiting Hat Yai
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Hat Yai, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its festivals.
- There are 266 hotels and other accommodations in Hat Yai
- The closest major airport is in Hat Yai (HDY-Hat Yai Intl.) 11.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hat Yai
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Hatyai Ice Dome and Songkhla National Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Clock Tower, Hatyai Fountain, and Songkhla Zoo. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Hat Yai Municipal Park, Ko Yo, and Songkhla Lake.
In Hat Yai, you'll be able to select from 266 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Pause Hatyai - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free WiFi and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- The Three Hat Yai - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Downtown Hat Yai can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- U Hatyai Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Downtown Hat Yai features free WiFi, free parking, and a snack bar/deli. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Hat Yai
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Hat Yai Railway Station, Bang Klam Station, or Khuan Niang Station. Hat Yai may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Hat Yai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Hat Yai gets about 2.76 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 72°F