Search Gwangju, South Jeolla Hotels from AU$58
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Gwangju has to offer including the cafés, parks, and baseball games. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodations in Gwangju
- The closest major airport is in Gwangju (KWJ-Gwangju Intl.) 3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Mokpo (MWX-Muan Intl.) 44.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gwangju
Cultural venues in the city include Gwangju Art and Culture Center, Gwangju National Museum, and Gwangju Folk Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at 5-18 Memorial Park, Jungoe Park, and Geumnam Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Guus Hiddink Stadium and Yangdong Market.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gwangju. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- OxbloodK - With a stay at this 2-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Madrid Hotel Gwangju - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free valet parking and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi.
- Dubai Hotel Gwangju - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free valet parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Gwangju
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Gwangju Songjeon Station or Gwangju Station. Gwangju might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gwangju
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Gwangju is 1.06 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 32°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Gwangju?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gwangju, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Gwangju?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Gwangju?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Gwangju?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Gwangju?
Recent Reviews in Gwangju
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Gwangju airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Gwangju?
- Where to stay near top Gwangju attractions?
- More accommodation types in Gwangju
- Which hotel chains are in Gwangju?
- What are the most popular hotels in Gwangju?
- Are there hotels near Gwangju?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends