Visitors to Greenwood are sure to enjoy the university setting, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, sightseeing tours, and churches.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Greenwood
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.) 77.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Greenwood
Cultural venues in the city include Greenwood Museum, Greenwood Community Theatre, and The Museum and Railroad Historical Center. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Lander University is worth a campus tour. In the area, you'll also find Lake Greenwood State Park and Abbeville Opera House.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Greenwood. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Inn on the Square - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenwood Mall - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Greenwood - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Greenwood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 44.65 inches of rain falls on Greenwood each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F