Visitors can enjoy all that Fukui has to offer including the temples, parks, and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and spas.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Fukui
- The closest major airport is in Komatsu (KMQ) 41 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fukui
Cultural venues in the city include Fukui City History Museum, Atagozaka Tea Ceremony Museum, and Waterworks Memorial Hall. The city is notable for landmarks like Fukui Castle Ruins, Sakaenoyashiro Shrine, and Kitanosho Castle Park. The city's natural beauty is on display at Yokokan Garden, Sanai Park, and Asuwayama Park.
In Fukui, there are 51 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Yours Hotel Fukui - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Hotel Harvest Skijam Katsuyama - This 4-star resort features ski slopes, 3 restaurants, and an indoor pool.
- Fukui Manten Hotel Ekimae - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a 24-hour business center and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transit and clean rooms.
Getting Around Fukui
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Fukui Station, Awara Onsen Station, or Tsuruga Station. Fukui might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Fukui
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.54 inches of rain falls on Fukui each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F