Visitors can enjoy all that Freetown has to offer including the beaches and ancient ruins. This city's secluded setting also attracts tourists.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Freetown
- The closest major airport is in Freetown (FNA-Lungi Intl.) 22.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Freetown
The city is notable for landmarks like St John's Maroon Church, State House, and Cotton Tree. The picturesque setting of Lumley Beach and River No. 2 Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Fourah Bay College.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Freetown. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel, Freetown - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and location.
- The Country Lodge Complex - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Freetown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 72°F
- Freetown gets about 2.52 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas August and October are often coldest, averaging 72°F