Visiting Coober Pedy
Visitors can enjoy all that Coober Pedy has to offer including the coffeehouses, local tours, and breweries. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its golf courses.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Coober Pedy
- The closest major airport is in Coober Pedy, SA (CPD) 28.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Coober Pedy
Cultural venues in the city include Faye's Underground Display Home, Old Timers Mine, and Josephine's Gallery & Kangaroo Orphanage. The city is notable for landmarks like Catacomb Anglican Church, Serbian Orthodox Church, and St Peter & Paul Catholic Church. The city's desert and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Breakaways Reserve.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Coober Pedy. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Down to Erth Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Underground Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a spa tub.
- Mud Hut Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Coober Pedy
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 97°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 96°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Coober Pedy gets about 9.69 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 96°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 42°F