Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Chandigarh, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's water parks, musical theater, and basketball games.
- There are 194 hotels and other accommodations in Chandigarh
- The closest major airport is in Chandigarh (IXC) 3.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Shimla (SLV) 48.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chandigarh
Attractions like Zakir Rose Garden, ChhatBir Zoo, and Yadavindra Gardens are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Gurudwara Sri Amb Sahib, Gurudwara Nada Sahib, and Baba Banda Singh Bahadur War Memorial. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Elante Mall and Butterfly Park.
In Chandigarh, you'll be able to select from 194 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with an in-room iPod dock. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel Icon - Our customers like the helpful staff and bathrooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Hyatt Regency Chandigarh - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Chandigarh
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Chandigarh Station. Chandigarh may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Chandigarh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 102°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Chandigarh gets about 33.07 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 100°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 46°F