Search Cairo, Giza Governorate Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Cairo, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, beautiful gardens, and local tours. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its cafés, entertainment choices, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Great Sphinx of Giza, Pyramids at Giza, and Egyptian Museum.
- There are 247 hotels and other accommodations in Cairo
- The closest major airport is in Cairo (CAI-Cairo Intl.) 18.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cairo
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Egyptian Museum, Coptic Museum, and Museum of Islamic Art. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Great Sphinx of Giza, Pyramids at Giza, and Cairo Tower. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Khan el-Khalili, First Mall Cairo, and The First Mall.
In Cairo, you'll find 247 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Four Seasons Hotel Cairo Nile Plaza - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 5 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Marvel Stone Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- 3 Pyramids View Inn - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
Other favorite sights in Cairo include Sultan Hussan Mosque, Saladin Citadel, and Hanging Church. Outside the city, popular places to see include Pyramid of Djoser, located 12 mi (19.3 from the heart of the city, and Dahshur Pyramids, which is 16.5 mi (26.5 away.
Getting Around Cairo
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Cairo Rames Station. Cairo might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Cairo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 95°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September averages 96°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 49°F at night
- About 0 inches of rain falls on Cairo each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 48°F