History buffs enjoy visiting Bulawayo though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, museums, and opera houses.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Bulawayo
- The closest major airport is in Bulawayo (BUQ-Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Intl.) 17.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bulawayo
Cultural venues in the city include Bulawayo Railway Museum, Bulawayo National Gallery of Zimbabwe, and National Art Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Khami Ruins. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Matobo National Park and Tshabalala Game Sanctuary.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Bulawayo. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Nesbitt Castle - This 4.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Motsamai Lodge - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this lodge. With a stay at this 3.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Bulawayo - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Bulawayo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 59°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- About 0.71 inches of rain falls on Bulawayo each year
- Usually October and November are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 42°F