Search Bangor, Northern Ireland Hotels from AU$124
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 27 Aug. 2020
Visitors to Bangor are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Titanic Belfast, Odyssey Arena, and Belfast Castle.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Bangor
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City) 14.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.) 35.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bangor
Notable city landmarks like Bangor Castle and Bangor Abbey might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sunken Gardens, Marine Gardens Coastal Walk, and Castle Park. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Bangor Marina, Bangor Golf Course, and Clandeboye Golf Course are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Bangor. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- 30seacliff - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its surrounding nightlife and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cairn Bay Lodge - Our customers like the beach locale and convenient parking at this guesthouse. This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Clandeboye Lodge Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Popular places to see around the area include Titanic Belfast, located 10.4 mi (16.8 from the heart of the city, and Odyssey Arena, which is 10.8 mi (17.4 away.
Getting Around Bangor
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Bangor is easy. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Bangor Station. You can learn about options for water transportation at the marina.
Dressing for Bangor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bangor is 1.22 inches
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Bangor?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Bangor, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Bangor?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Bangor?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Bangor?
What's the best golf hotel in Bangor?
What's the best accommodation in Bangor to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Bangor?
Recent Reviews in Bangor
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Bangor airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Bangor?
- Where to stay near top Bangor attractions?
- More accommodation types in Bangor
- What kind of hotels are in Bangor?
- Which hotel chains are in Bangor?
- What are the most popular hotels in Bangor?
- Are there hotels near Bangor?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends