Visitors can enjoy all that Alotau has to offer including the seaside, shopping, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its restaurants.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Alotau
- The closest major airport is in Alotau (GUR-Gurney) 27.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alotau
Notable city landmarks like Milne Bay War Memorial and Cameron Secondary School might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Harbour and Viewpoint.
As you plan your vacation to Alotau, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of the city, but here are lodging choices around the area.
- Driftwood Resort is 11.3 mi from the center of Alotau. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Alotau can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private balcony.
- Alotau International Hotel is 9.7 mi from central Alotau. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Alotau can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Tawali Resort is located 12.9 mi from the heart of Alotau. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Alotau can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony.
Dressing for Alotau
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Alotau is 46.73 inches
- December and November are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 71°F