Families will find kid-friendly activities in Albufeira, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and spas. Top sights in the city include Zoomarine and Falesia Beach.
- There are 553 hotels and other accommodations in Albufeira
- The closest major airport is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.) 26.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Portimao (PRM) 29.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Albufeira
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Falesia Beach, Fisherman's Beach, and Albufeira Beach. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Albufeira Marina and Agua Doce Beach are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Zoomarine and Clock Tower.
In Albufeira, you'll find 553 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Falésia Garden by 3HB - Amenities at this aparthotel include free breakfast and an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort, Algarve - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this resort. This 5-star resort features 6 outdoor pools, a golf course, and 9 restaurants.
- EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel - This 5-star aparthotel features 4 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Rocha Beach, located 15.7 mi (25.2 from the city center, and Vilamoura Marina, which is 7.2 mi (11.6 away.
Dressing for Albufeira
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Albufeira gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F