trip into the wild
trip into the wild
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Departure time: 7:30 AM
What you can expect
Your Trip into the Wild!!
Food foraging tour and hike through Lombok Monkey Forest
We will show you our culture and beautiful nature in an authentic hike and food foraging/harvesting tour through our little paradise!
Your trip will start at Bangsal harbour where we will all meet at Lombok Café at 9am. Your guide will check you in and then take you on a 15 minute drive to Bentek village. This is where we will start our hike in the monkey forest
Besides hiking through beautiful jungles, we will have an opportunity to learn how to forage for and harvest, forest food local style. Some of the foods we will forage for include palm sugar, Lombok coffee and cocoa fruit. Activities include making brown sugar out of the nectar tapped from palm trees, roasting Lombok coffee.
After these activities we will keep hiking through the forest, to the top of a hill where there are some beautiful views. We will then go to a nearby river to relax and swim after those few hours walking. At the end of the trip you will get a chance to play around with friendly monkeys who promise not to steal your stuff! We will have you back to the harbour and ready to board your boat for the Gilis by 3 or 4pm
• Puncak Pusuk Pass, Jl. Raya Tanjung - Mataram, Batu Layar, Senggigi, Lombok Indonesia