Private Full-Day Tour to Petra and Wadi Rum from Dead Sea
Cleaning and safety practices
- Experience Jordan’s two main and greatest ancient treasures on this private day trip to Petra and Wadi Rum. After travelling from Dead Sea to Petra with an English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide, enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of UNESCO-listed Petra: a rock city cut into a sandstone valley 2,000 years ago. Walk towards the “Siq” entrance canyon, and behold the rose-tinted Treasury, visit the Royal Tombs, the Theatre, and more sites like the Byzantine Church. During your explorations, learn about Petra’s history from your local guide. Then proceed to the desert of Wadi Rum to experience the red-pink cliffs and canyons of this unique and special desert valley of moon on a 2-hour 4x4 jeep tour.
Tour For Jordan Pass Holders 06:00
Classic visit of Petra and Wadi Rum with hotel pick up and drop off without entrance fees.
Petra and Wadi Rum Tour 06:00
Petra Tour: Classic visit of Petra and Wadi Rum with hotel pick up and drop off.
Tour with Lunch 06:00
Classic visit of Petra and Wadi Rum with hotel pick up, drop off, and lunch at a local restaurant on the way.
Tour with Camel Ride 06:00
Classic visit of Petra and Wadi Rum with hotel pick up, drop off, and 30 minute camel ride.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- 14 hours duration includes all travel time
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- For clients with mobility issues and for Golf Cart services at Petra please contact us.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Jordan Entry Regulations “Safe Travels”- World Travel Tourism Council: No quarantine, Negative valid PCR test 72hours prior arrival, Another PCR test mandatory upon arrival, payment 28 JOD /40 USD per person for travellers above 5 years.
- Departure time: 6:00 AM
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Petra - Wadi Musa, Petra - Wadi Musa, Ma'an Governorate
You will leave the hotel early in the morning to drive south to the Nabatean Red Rose City of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, for a classic visit. As you travel, gaze at the desert landscapes and hear tales of Jordan’s history. Hewn into a sandstone valley carved by the Nabataean people more than 2,000 years ago, this ancient rose-red rock city located 245 kilometres from Amman at the crossroads of age-old trading routes, to dominate ancient Arabia. Reach Petra’s main site to learn more about its magnificent history. On arrival, leave your vehicle, and enjoy a 2-hour tour of this UNESCO Heritage listed wonder with a local guide.
Stop At: Siq, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
First, walk through the famous “Siq”, a narrow path of 1.2 kilometres; rock fissure that was once the main entrance to the city, and marvel at your first glimpse of the hauntingly beautiful Treasury “El - Khazneh”
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Al-Khazneh, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
as the canyon suddenly opens up. Admire this rose-pink masterpiece, originally built to house priceless treasures and capture it on camera. Then, walk through the widening canyon to witness other monuments such as the 3,000-seater Theatre, the Royal Tombs, and the Byzantine Church. As you explore, listen as your guide describes how the Nabateans sculpted the buildings, and learn how they mastered the harsh desert conditions to make their lives here.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Wadi Rum, Wadi Rum, Al Aqabah Governorate
After your time of exploring ends, return to your vehicle to proceed to Wadi Rum Desert Valley of Moon; where the films The Martian and Star Wars: The Rise of Sky Walker were filmed. This vast chunk of desert mountains, valleys, cliffs, and rocks is known for its ever-changing pink-and-red colours, Bedouin settlements, and connections with T.E. Lawrence, also known as World War I's “Lawrence of Arabia”. On arrival, enjoy a roughly 2-hour tour by 4x4 local jeep. Trundle around the canyons and cliffs, and absorb the timeless scenery. See landmarks including the Seven Pillars of Wisdom Rocks named after Lawrence’s autobiography, and view some of the valley's pre-Christian rock carvings. Sip mint tea in a Bedouin tent. Then, journey back to Dead Sea, where your day trip ends with a hotel drop off.
Please note it is recommended to bring hats, sun protection, and comfortable shoes.
Duration: 2 hours
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided