Online Experience: Sauna and Ice Swimming in Helsinki
- Discover how sauna and ice swimming can improve your mood
- Learn the health benefits of sauna
- Learn to master essential sauna vocabulary
- Discover the different ways to enjoy cold-water swimming
- Test your newfound knowledge with a fun interactive quiz
Sauna and Ice Swimming in Helsinki Virtual Tour
Live commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- For your online Urban Adventure experience, you will be in Zoom group of a maximum of 20 people
- This is a child-friendly tour.
- Cancellations more than 1 day before the experience will receive a full refund.
- For this tour, you will need access to a computer, tablet or smartphone with a stable internet connection.
- After the booking, you will receive an invitation to the Zoom meeting.
- By taking this tour, you are supporting a local guide unable to earn regular tourism income right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is an interactive online experience encouraging you to take part and ask questionsYour host will be delighted to meet you and welcomes you to introduce yourself in the beginning through video and microphone connection. But if you prefer to keep your video off, that’s totally fine as well. Make
What you can expect
The only Finnish word to have made its way into everyday English is “sauna.” But do you know how to pronounce it the correct way … Learn this and many other local tips in this interactive online experience about Finland’s sauna culture!
Your host will explain the differences between public and private saunas, and bust some myths related to saunas. They’ll also teach you sauna etiquette and some of the essential words you need to know, all of which will make your future in-person visits to Finnish saunas significantly smoother. Mastering the dos and don’ts will help you to focus on the most important thing: relaxing.
Your host will tell you about essential sauna gear and explain the seemingly quirky traditions like whipping yourself with a bundle of birch twigs, and why it’s so natural for Finns to bathe in a sauna fully naked. Learn about the typical local drinks to keep you hydrated and make your sauna experience complete.
You’ll also discuss the benefits of cold-water immersion and learn some tips and tricks to prepare yourself at home to endure cold conditions.
We will finish our online experience with a fun, interactive quiz about sauna swimming and ice swimming. But before we sign off, your host will take a cold dip live on-camera, to prove that anyone can do it – including you!