Half-Day Sichuan Cooking Class Experience in Chengdu
- Want to impress your friends back home with a delectable Chinese meal made entirely by you? Then take part in this four-hour Chengdu cooking course and learn how to cook four different Sichuan meals and you'll be taught by a professional chef. The best part is you get to dine on your dishes and celebrate your new-found culinary skills with your fellow budding chefs.
4:30pm Dinner Cooking Course 16:30
The class starts at 4:30pm and lasts for 2.5 to 4 hours, depending on the number of participants
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Course duration depends on number of participants
- If you'd like to learn to cook a Sichuan dish not on the menu, please request this dish in the Special Requirements box at time of booking; this cannot be guaranteed, but the chef will try to accommodate your request
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transport
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travellers
- Departure time: 4:30 PM
What you can expect
Put on your chef’s hat and partake in this Sichuan cooking class in Chengdu that will teach you how to cook four different traditional Chinese dishes. The dishes include Kung Pao chicken (‘Gong Bao chicken’ in Sichuan), sweet and sour pork, fish-flavor aubergine and dumplings. (You may also learn a dish of your own choice, provided that you enquire in advance; you may request this when booking).
You’ve seen all these dishes on a typical Chinese menu, so discover for yourself how they are made! Learn about the delicate ways people from the Sichuan province use different spices, handle separate food elements and make use of different utensils. Follow the cooking practices of your professional chef, and master the art of Sichuan cooking.
The best part is eating, of course! Taste your masterpieces and be amazed by how wonderful of a cook you are. Take this training home with you and astonish your friends and family by serving home-cooked dishes that rival those of the Chinese restaurant around the corner.
• Kung Pao chicken - Kung Pao Chicken is one of the most famous and popular non-spicy dishes of Sichuan cuisine.
• Mapo Toufu - Mapo Tofu is a very classic Sichuan speciality, you can try the unique numbing taste of Sichuan cuisine.
• Sweet and sour pork - Another non-spicy dish but unlike Kung Pao Chicken, Sweet and Sour Pork is completely another taste. It's a dish loved by children in China.
• Dumplings - Dumpling is one of the most famous and classic snacks in China and you will learn several different ways to shape it.
- Chengdu Sichuan
- Traveler pickup is offered Departure point: Free picking up service from your city hotel or residence in Chengdu (all hotels within 3rd Ring Road), if you stay outside the 3rd Ring Road, then need to be picked up at the main gate of Wuhouci, or please contact us in advance to arrange to be picked up from your hotel and pay extra cost to driver. Return point: Returns to original departure point.
- Chengdu Sichuan