Flavours of Bali Local Cooking Class from Ubud
- All prep work and cooking are hands-on experiences, performed by our students.Our courses (including for Vegetarian) are started with Payangan Traditional morning market, accompanied by the chef to take advantages of cooler out door temperature for shopping, preparing and coking. We learn about Balinese tastes and customs, local meat, fish, and other product, finding ingredients and unique way of bargaining in Balinese style. Touring a traditional out door market provides experiences how Balinese people spend their time before cooking. arrived at the compound house introducing some well grown herbs and spices in our extensive gardens. Students are thought to process the food with traditional utensils and techniques. Paste and sauce preparation is one of the most interesting and important aspects of Balinese cooking, with two types of way Balinese spice preparations, chopped on wooden chopping block and ground in a stone mortar before being cooked in a variety of ways of Balinese dish.
Afternoon Class 15:30-21:00 15:30
Your own station for cooking: Every students are taught to process the food with traditional utensils and techniques.
Afternoon Class: We available for afternoon class if you may like to have your Dinner in Authentic Balinese foods by your hands self.
Hands-On Experiences: Students are taught to process the food with traditional utensils and techniques. All menu will made by your hands self
Duration: 6 hours: 16:00 Night Market
17:00 Balinese Compound House
18:00 Testing ingredients
19:00 Cooking Class
Authentic Balinese Food: All menu will be made by your hand self then you will savour the delight that you have been made for your dinner.
Afternoon Class: Night Market at Payangan
Wayan Apple Balinese Compound House
Air-Condition Car : We provide FREE pick-up transport in Ubud area.
Extra charge for the transport if you are outside of Ubud area
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please contact us if you have any special requests (e.g. allergic foodstuffs)
- A minimum 1 person and maximum of 12 people per booking ( IF YOU MAY HAVE MORE THAN 12 PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO DO THE COOKING CLASS IN ONE TIME PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAIL AND SOLUTION)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Sanur area hotels; IDR 350k (USD $ 30) Per booking
- Kuta, Seminyak, Legian, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran area hotels: IDR 500k (USD $40) Per booking
- Our car only can fit up to 6 passenger, if your party more than 6 people The extra cost for guest seven to twelve : is $15 USD per person.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transport
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
- Payangan Traditional Farmer Market
- Balinese Compound house
- Welcome drink Bali Coffee/tea with Balinese cake
- Testing spice ingredients
- Hands-on cooking class, Students are taught to proccess the food with traditional utensil and techniques. Paste and sauce preparation is one of the most interesting and important aspects of Balinese cooking, with two types of way Balinese spice preparations, chopped on wooden chopping block and ground in stone mortar before being cooked in a variety of ways of Balinese dish. All prep work and cooking are hands-on experineces, performed entirely by our students. We Love to share our knowledge with you, and we are rally lucky to have time and make you peace in happiness
• Payangan Market, Jl. Raya Payangan, Payangan 80572 Indonesia
• KDongDing Cooking Class, Jl. Raya Payangan No.31, Melinggih Kelod, Payangan, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80572, Indonesia
• Jukut Urab (Vegitarian or non Vegitarian) - Mixed Balinese salad with organic Balinese red bean, grated coconut and sambal goreng.
• Calon Be Siap ( Vegetarian with tofu and tempe) - Balinese spice meat ball with cayote and clear chiken soup
• Sate Ayam ( Vegitarian with tofu) - Grilled minced chicken/tofu in Balinese spice, wrapped around a lemon grass stick and chicken/tofu skewer with peanut sauce.
• Tahu mesanten - Tofu with organic vegetable in Balinese coconut sauce
• Dadar Gulung - Pandanus leaf scented pancake with coconut and palm sugar