Excursion to King Penguin Park, Tierra del Fuego
- Visit the rural community of Rio Verde
- Marvel by the fauna composed by different species of birds.
- Meet the Kaweskar Canoe Memorial, Honouring the native people
- Watch the farms around the area, the base of their economy.
- Meet the Fitz-Roy Channel and the Skyring Sound
Excursion Park Pinguino Rey, Tierra del Fuego
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Pick up and drop off has to be inside of the area of Punta Arenas, if it is outside of the area its going to have a extra cost
- Passaport is required.
What you can expect
Begin departing from your hotel in Punta Arenas to visit the rural community of Rio Verde, located on the shores of the Skyring Sound. This little village founded in the last century is based on a typical Patagonian farm. Go through the vast, windswept and arid Patagonian steppe while observing different farms on route, the base of this region's economy.
Continue along the Fitz-Roy Channel and the Skyring Sound, both names pertaining to members of the British geographic expedition carried out in this part of the world during the 19th century. The fauna is composed by different species of birds, such as geese, ducks, condors, flamingos and rheas, among others.
On route, stumble upon the Kaweskar Canoe Memorial, honouring the native people that once inhabited these inhospitable lands for thousands years.
Once in Rio Verde, enjoy a typical Patagonian lamb barbecue, and afterwards, tour the village to discover its every corner. Once concluded with the visit, return to your hotel in Punta Arenas.