El Hoyo Volcano Hike with two craters, one fumarole and great panoramic views
- Es una caminata tranquila que ofrece un paisaje único, conocerán un volcán activo y aprenderán mucho sobre volcanes y naturaleza
El Hoyo Volcano Hike with two craters, one fumarole and great panoramic views 07:30
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Departure time: 7:30 AM
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Leon, Leon, Leon Department
On this trip we will hike on a natural trail along a group of active and inactive volcanoes all of them lined up and interconnected. It is an ideal length hike with great panoramic views to take photos. Surely this is a perfect choice for friends and family groups. the last eruption took place in 1954, it caused lot of damages in the surroundings areas. Nowadays it reaches an altitude of 1088 metres above sea level. On the upper part there are fumaroles and a couple of inactive craters which show us his past and present activity.
Due to the low inclination and the existence of abundant vegetation this walk does not require great physical condition. The adventure start early in the morning with the transfer to the base of the volcanic complex Pilas – El Hoyo at 300 metres above sea level. From León city we drive a 4×4 vehicle and go 50 minutes on dirt roads covered with volcanic sand as we pass farming communities close to other volcanoes that are also part of «Los Maribios» mountain range (Epicentre of one of the most active volcanic regions on earth).
After signing a book at at the visitor centre we start hiking up enjoying some great views that stimulate the adventure. Aprox one hour later we will be walking on flat ground with lots of shade allowing us to save energy for the final part where there is no vegetation.
From the top we will be able to enjoy an excellent 360 degree view and see the entire group of volcanoes that make this region of Nicaragua so special.
Duration: 1 hour