Visiting Yosemite National Park
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Yosemite National Park, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, ski areas, and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Top sights in the city include Glacier Point, Half Dome, and Yosemite Falls.
- There are 1768 hotels and other accommodations in Yosemite National Park
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite) 46.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Mammoth Lakes, CA (MMH-Mammoth Yosemite) 68.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yosemite National Park
The hiking trails, waterfalls, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Glacier Point, Half Dome, and Yosemite Falls are worth a visit. Top activities include skiing and camping, while Shadow of the Giants Trail, Mist Trail, and Panorama Trail are favorite sights to visit. Other notable sights to explore include El Capitan and Vernal Falls.
In Yosemite National Park, you'll find 1768 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tin Lizzie Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Yosemite Scenic Wonders - Wawona Area - Amenities at this 3.5-star cabin include free WiFi and free parking.
- WorldMark Bass Lake - This 3.5-star condo features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Yosemite National Park include Mariposa Grove and Calaveras Big Trees State Park.
Dressing for Yosemite National Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Average annual rainfall for Yosemite National Park is 36.22 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 29°F