Visiting West Hobart
Visitors to West Hobart are sure to enjoy the waterfront, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and mountain views. Around the area, top sights include Cascade Brewery, Salamanca Market, and Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens.
- You'll find 208 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hobart
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) 17.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in West Hobart
A favorite place to visit in the city is Caldew Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Cascade Brewery and Salamanca Market.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bay View Villas - This 3.5-star apartment features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit in the area include Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, located 1.5 mi (2.5 from the city center, and Mount Nelson Lookout, which is 3.5 mi (5.6 away.
Dressing for West Hobart
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 20.63 inches of rain falls on West Hobart each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 40°F