Visitors to Tanunda are sure to enjoy the wineries, spas, and bars. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Tanunda
- The closest major airport is in Adelaide, SA (ADL) 60.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tanunda
The city's cultural venues include Barossa Regional Gallery and Barossa Museum. Attractions like Barossa Visitor Centre and Barossa Bowland are fun for everyone, not just kids. Wine tasting is a top activity, and Turkey Flat Vineyards is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Tanunda. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Barossa Bluestone B&B - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Barossa House - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Goat Square Cottages - This 3.5-star cottage features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Getting Around Tanunda
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Tanunda Station. Tanunda might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Tanunda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 37°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 14.53 inches of rain falls on Tanunda each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 38°F