Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sunway, though many travelers give high marks for the shopping, theme park, and restaurants. This welcoming city attracts visitors with its water park and spas. Top attractions around the area include Shah Alam Blue Mosque, Malaysian Houses of Parliament, and Petaling Street.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Sunway
- Closest major airport is in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah) 7.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunway
Families come for the theme park and water park, specifically attractions such as Sunway Lagoon Theme Park, Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, and Desa Waterpark. Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Sunway Pyramid Ice, Petaling Street, and Mid Valley Mega Mall. With 23 hotels and other lodging options in Sunway, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates.
- Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, you'll have access to a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and family-friendly amenities.
- The Villas at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, you'll have access to a full-service spa, a restaurant, and a private plunge pool.
- 33 Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, you'll have access to free WiFi, a 24-hour front desk, and free wired Internet. Visitors like its helpful staff and overall value.
Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Shah Alam Blue Mosque located 6.3 mi (10.1 from city center and Malaysian Houses of Parliament which is 7.4 mi (11.8 away.
Dressing for Sunway
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Sunway gets about 3.15 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 91°F while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 72°F