Search Sunnyvale, California Hotels from AU$104
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 10 Jul. 2020
Reviewed on 15 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 1 Feb. 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sunnyvale, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, live music scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and entertainment choices. Computer History Museum, California's Great America, and Winchester Mystery House are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodations in Sunnyvale
- The closest major airport is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.) 9.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County) 11.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunnyvale
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Lace Museum and Guild, The Lace Museum, and Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Historic Murphy Avenue is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Elements Massage Sunnyvale and Baylands Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Sunnyvale. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- The Grand Hotel - Our customers like the bar and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Sunnyvale Mountain View - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Computer History Museum, located 3.9 mi (6.2 from the heart of the city, and California's Great America, which is 3.9 mi (6.3 away.
Getting Around Sunnyvale
With so many ways to get around, exploring Sunnyvale is a breeze. Nearby metro stations include Moffett Park Station, Fair Oaks Station, and Lockheed Martin Station. To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Sunnyvale Station or Sunnyvale Lawrence Station.
Dressing for Sunnyvale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sunnyvale is 15.71 inches
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sunnyvale?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sunnyvale, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Sunnyvale?
What's the best hotel for families in Sunnyvale?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Sunnyvale?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Sunnyvale?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Sunnyvale?
What's the best high-end hotel in Sunnyvale?
What's the best boutique hotel in Sunnyvale?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Sunnyvale?
Recent Reviews in Sunnyvale
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Sunnyvale airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Sunnyvale?
- Where to stay near top Sunnyvale attractions?
- More accommodation types in Sunnyvale
- Which hotel chains are in Sunnyvale?
- What are the most popular hotels in Sunnyvale?
- Are there hotels near Sunnyvale?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends