Visiting Southbank Promenade
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Southbank Promenade, though many tourists give high marks for the shopping, restaurants, and casinos. This welcoming city attracts visitors with its skyscrapers and sporting events. Top attractions around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Melbourne Aquarium.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Southbank Promenade
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 19.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Southbank Promenade
Families come for attractions such as Melbourne Aquarium, Melbourne Zoo, and Alexandra Gardens. The natural setting of the riverfront is picturesque with St. Kilda Beach, Royal Botanic Gardens, and Luna Park worth a visit. With 19 hotels and other accommodations in Southbank Promenade, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates.
- The Langham, Melbourne - With a stay at this 5-star hotel in Melbourne Central Business District, you'll have access to a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Crown Metropol - This 5-star hotel in Melbourne Central Business District features a casino, an indoor pool, and a nightclub. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Quay West Suites Melbourne - With a stay at this 4.5-star aparthotel in Melbourne Central Business District, you'll have access to a restaurant, an indoor pool, and WiFi. Visitors love its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Melbourne Cricket Ground located 1.2 mi (2 from city center and National Gallery of Victoria which is 0.6 mi (1 away.
Dressing for Southbank Promenade
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Southbank Promenade gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F