Visiting South Yarra
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South Yarra, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, abundant cafés, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and cathedral. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Royal Botanic Gardens.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 14.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 22.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Yarra
Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Como Centre, Jam Factory, and Chapel Street. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Prahran Market and Como House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in South Yarra. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Como Melbourne MGallery by Sofitel - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable beds.
- Art Series - The Olsen - With a stay at this 5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Popular places to see around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, located 1.5 mi (2.4 from the city center, and St. Kilda Beach, which is 2.2 mi (3.6 away.
Getting Around South Yarra
Local metro stations include South Yarra Station and Hawksburn Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a car rental for your journey.
Dressing for South Yarra
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Average annual rainfall for South Yarra is 0.47 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F