Search Shelter Island, New York Hotels from AU$189
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 20 Aug. 2019
New Listing: Technicolor Paradise, Architectural Masterpiece Amidst Woodlands & Beaches, and Heated Pool
Reviewed on 24 Sep. 2019
Visiting Shelter Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Shelter Island has to offer including the golf courses, opera houses, and entertainment choices. In Shelter Island, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in East Hampton, NY (HTO) 13.2 from the city center. The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field) 31.3 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelter Island
The city's natural beauty is on display at Mashomack Preserve, Menhadden Lane Beach, and Wades Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Havens House and Shelter Island Whale's Tail.
As you plan your vacation to Shelter Island, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 121 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are a few places to stay in the area:
- Waterfront Home on Beautiful Shelter Island W/large Deep Water Dock is 2.2 mi from central Shelter Island. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Montauk can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa is located 17.1 mi from the heart of Shelter Island. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Southampton can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Southampton Inn is 13.5 mi from the center of Shelter Island. This 3-star hotel in Riverhead features a marina, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Shelter Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 21°F at night
- Shelter Island gets about 46.85 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 20°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Shelter Island?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shelter Island, will I receive a refund?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Shelter Island?
Recent Reviews in Shelter Island
More trip options
- Which hotels are closest to the Shelter Island airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Shelter Island?
- Where to stay near top Shelter Island attractions?
- More accommodation types in Shelter Island
- Which hotel chains are in Shelter Island?
- What are the most popular hotels in Shelter Island?
- Are there hotels near Shelter Island?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends