Visiting Shelly Beach
Visitors can enjoy all that Shelly Beach has to offer including its parks. You'll find 228 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Townsville. The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV) 8.2 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelly Beach
A couple of favorite places to visit are Town Common Conservation Park and Coral Sea. Additionally, you'll find Arcadia Village and Bungalow Bay Koala Wildlife Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Shelly Beach, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 210 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are a few places to stay in the region:
- Oaks Metropole Hotel is located 7 mi from the heart of Shelly Beach. This 4.5-star apartment in South Townsville features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Aquarius on the Beach is 5.8 mi from the center of Shelly Beach. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in North Ward can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Ville Resort - Casino is 6.7 mi from central Shelly Beach. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Townsville can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Dressing for Shelly Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Shelly Beach is 44.49 inches
- Hottest months are usually December and February with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 50°F