Travelers to Rasmussen will find plenty to explore and enjoy. You'll find 228 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Townsville. The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV) 11.8 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Rasmussen
Places to visit in the larger region include Riverway Lagoon, Tony Ireland Stadium, and Willows Shopping Centre. You'll also find Dan Gleeson Memorial Gardens and Mount Stuart in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Rasmussen, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 78 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are some of the places to stay in the area:
- Upper Ross Hotel is located in central Rasmussen. This 2.5-star hotel in Rasmussen features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Oaks Metropole Hotel is 0.9 mi from central Rasmussen. This 4.5-star apartment in South Townsville features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Aquarius on the Beach is located 9.3 mi from the heart of Rasmussen. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in North Ward can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Rasmussen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 40.35 inches of rain falls on Rasmussen each year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 58°F