Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 8 Mar. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 11 Apr. 2020
Where to stay in Rarotonga
4/5Very Good!(114 area reviews)
Base yourself in the center of the Cook Islands, explore thousands of years of Polynesian culture, see coral reefs and trek through rainforest.
Tapere of Titikaveka
4.5/5Wonderful!(40 area reviews)
Swim, scuba or snorkel in some of the most pristine waters in the world. Relax in a beach bungalow and awake to views of the blue-green lagoon.
4.5/5Wonderful!(245 area reviews)
As the sun sets, relax on Rarotonga’s coast next to the clear waters of an azure lagoon. Enjoy exploring the wonders of the Cook Islands.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rarotonga, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and seafood restaurants. This city's welcoming locals also attracts tourists.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in Rarotonga
- The closest major airport is in Rarotonga (RAR-Rarotonga Intl.) 4.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rarotonga
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Moturakau, Aroa Beach, and Muri Beach. Top activities include snorkeling and exploring the coral reef, while Matutu Brewing Company and Black Rock are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sir Geoffrey Henry National Culture Centre and Arai-Te-Tonga.
In Rarotonga, you'll find 74 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crystal Blue Lagoon Villas - This 5-star villa features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Sea Change Villas - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features free parking, spa services, and a free airport shuttle.
- Rumours Luxury Villas & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private plunge pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
Dressing for Rarotonga
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 67°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Rarotonga gets about 49.37 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are September and August with an average of 66°F