We came to the house with high hopes. Pictures looked nice and it had an outdoor putting area, a ping pong and pool table that made it all look like it was going to be great for the grand kids.
Upon entry the house had a faint smell of someone having smoked in it. We found all the towels still in the dryer, mold in the washer door, no laundry detergent and no swiffer mops wipes available either. Some of the floors were still dirty. Found that out after we cleaned them.
Dishwasher was still full and a cast iron skillet was in it. The cast iron skillet was heavily rusted.
The sink had a large rust ring in it.
There were only two cooking pots, no baking dishes, one dish towel and dish cloth and we found out later in the week when we tried to cook that there weren't any measuring cups or spoons. Pretty basic stuff.
We went outside to see the putting green and patio. None of the back yard had been cleaned, screen door was off its rail and the trash had not been taken out. It was overflowing in the outdoor containers.
Main room ceiling fan was dirty and the main filter in the hallway ceiling was filthy with dust building up on the outside of the vent. By the way, there was a brand new filter in the laundry room.
I contacted the host and he apologized. New cleaning person..... He did get us laundry detergent, swiffer mop wipes and some pots, pans and a frying pan. Someone came and removed some of the trash and was supposed to clean up, blow off, the deck and putting area. Some of the trash was removed but the deck and putting area still had leaves and other items on them as they had not been blown off. He also told me they had missed the trash pick up day but someone would get it done for the next date. It never happened while we were there so I assume if someone else was coming to the house they'd have the same trash problem.
No grill available - website said there was one
The back door doesn't have a good seal on it, big gap, - I was told the owner didn't want to repair it or the screen door.
The house is much darker than the pics. The floor is painted black and is chipping.
Overall we were very disappointed with the house. This is our second bad experience with VRBO.....