Visiting Nuwara Eliya
Visitors can enjoy all that Nuwara Eliya has to offer including the rainforests, ancient ruins, and golf courses. This city's secluded setting also attracts tourists. In Nuwara Eliya, there are 214 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nuwara Eliya
Favorite places to visit in the city include Nuwara Eliya Golf Club, Pidurutalagala, and Victoria Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Single Tree Hill and Galway Forest Reserve.
In Nuwara Eliya, you'll find 214 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa Mount Royal - This 3.5-star villa features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Heritance Tea Factory - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free WiFi.
- Grand Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with cable TV. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Royal Botanical Garden, located 22 mi (35.4 from the city center.
Dressing for Nuwara Eliya
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- About 2.48 inches of rain falls on Nuwara Eliya each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F