Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Northcote, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Around the area, top sights include Sky Tower, Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, and Mt. Eden.
- You'll find 591 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 22.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Northcote
Favorite places to visit in the city include Auckland University of Technology, Stancich Reserve Park, and Takapuna Golf Course and Driving Range. In the area, you'll also find Sky Tower and Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ocean Inn Motel - This 4-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Mt. Eden, located 4.9 mi (7.9 from the heart of the city, and Harbour Bridge, which is 2 mi (3.1 away.
Dressing for Northcote
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Average annual rainfall for Northcote is 49.25 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F