Visiting North Ward
Travelers to North Ward give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its parks.
- You'll find 228 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Townsville
- The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV) 4.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in North Ward
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Strand Park, Queens Gardens, and Jezzine Barracks. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Army Museum North Queensland and Coral Sea.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in North Ward. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Castle Crest Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Townsville Holiday Apartments - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this apartment. With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Quest Townsville on Eyre - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Dressing for North Ward
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- About 40.35 inches of rain falls on North Ward each year
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 58°F