Visiting North Hobart
History buffs will enjoy exploring North Hobart, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its bars, waterfront, and coffeehouses. Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Salamanca Market, and Cascade Brewery are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 208 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hobart
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) 15.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in North Hobart
A couple of favorite places to visit are North Hobart Oval and Train Park. In the area, you'll also find Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens and Salamanca Market.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in North Hobart. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lodge on Elizabeth - With a stay at this 4-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a computer station, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Elms of Hobart - This 4.5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Argyle Motor Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Cascade Brewery, located 2.1 mi (3.3 from the city center, and Mount Nelson Lookout, which is 3.8 mi (6.2 away.
Dressing for North Hobart
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 45°F at night
- About 20.63 inches of rain falls on North Hobart each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 40°F