Visitors can enjoy all that Nicholls has to offer including the shopping, theme park, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its museums. Top sights around the area include EPIC, Canberra Stadium, and Telstra Tower.
- You'll find 137 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Canberra
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.) 15.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Nicholls
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Federation Square is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cockington Green and National Dinosaur Museum.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Leumeah Lodge - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and conference space. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include EPIC, located 4.1 mi (6.7 from the heart of the city, and Canberra Stadium, which is 4.4 mi (7.1 away.
Dressing for Nicholls
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 63°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 22.80 inches of rain falls on Nicholls each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 35°F