Visiting Newcastle West
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Newcastle West, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and waterfront. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses.
- You'll find 144 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newcastle
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) 15.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newcastle West
Places to visit in the larger region include Maritime Centre, Newcastle Museum, and Civic Theater. In the area, you'll also find Newcastle Art Gallery and ANZAC Memorial Bridge.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Newcastle West. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Quest Newcastle West - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Commonwealth Hotel Newcastle - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Newcastle Central Plaza - With a stay at this 4.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
Dressing for Newcastle West
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Newcastle West is 1.30 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F