Visiting Newcastle East
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newcastle East, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés.
- You'll find 144 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newcastle
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) 14.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newcastle East
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Newcastle Ocean Baths, Horseshoe Beach, and Nobbys Head Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Fort Scratchley to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Newcastle East. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Quality Hotel NOAH'S On The Beach - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Newcastle Beach Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a conference center and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Newcastle East
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 1.30 inches of rain falls on Newcastle East each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 47°F