Visiting New Norfolk
Visitors to New Norfolk are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, coffeehouses, and waterfront. Museum of Old and New Art, Mt. Wellington, and Cascade Brewery are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 208 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hobart
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) 37.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in New Norfolk
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Anglican Church of St Matthew and Willow Court Asylum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Rosedown Gardens. Additionally, in the area you'll find Museum of Old and New Art and Mt. Wellington.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in New Norfolk. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rosie's Inn - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with digital TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- The Shingles Riverside Cottages - Our customers like the bathrooms at this cottage. With a stay at this 4-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Old Colony Inn - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its comfortable beds.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Cascade Brewery, located 14.4 mi (23.3 from the city center, and Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, which is 15.1 mi (24.3 away.
Dressing for New Norfolk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- New Norfolk gets about 20.63 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 40°F