Visiting McMahons Point
Visitors give high marks for the bustling port in McMahons Point, which is also known for its opera houses and restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its shopping and cafés. Around the area, top sights include Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, and Bondi Beach.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 10.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in McMahons Point
A favorite place to visit in the city is Walsh Bay. In the area, you'll also find Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Harbourside Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and quiet location.
Popular places to see around the area include Bondi Beach, located 5.3 mi (8.6 from the city center, and Sydney Showground, which is 7.7 mi (12.4 away.
Dressing for McMahons Point
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for McMahons Point is 46.77 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F