Castaway Macmasters Beach House is superbly located only a 30 second flat walk to the sands of beautiful Macmasters Beach. Uniquely set within a tropical native bush setting, Castaway offers 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, large sheltered deck areas, a cosy fireplace, free WIFI and a HD Smart TV. Pup-friendly too, so you can let your pooch run free on the dog friendly beach opposite. Couples, families and friends will enjoy morning strolls along the beach, beachside cafes, walking the Bouddhi coast or taking an easy coastal drive to explore nearby Avoca, Killcare and Terrigal beaches.
Castaway accommodation includes:
- Hotel-style linens.
- Master queen bedroom with private access to main bathroom.
- Bedroom 2: 1 queen bed.
- Bedroom 3: 2 king single beds.
* Two-way main bathroom (shower, vanity and toilet) and an additional powder room and 2nd toilet.
* The large fully secured rear deck has roof covering and is set above a tropical bush setting with abundant birdlife. It includes outdoor dining, BBQ and sun lounges. The front deck provides a restful spot overlooking a native garden.
* Open plan living and dining is bright and spacious and features new quality furnishings throughout, ceiling fans and a slow combustion fireplace with wood supplied during the winter months.
* The HD TV includes free-to-air channels and support for all streaming apps (you'll need your own login account details).
* The kitchen is very well-equipped and includes oven, stove-top, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine and dishwasher.
* Some pantry items and biodegradable coffee pods are also supplied.
* Castaway's walkway provides quick access from the front door to the beach pathway opposite.
* In addition, there is a beach shower and a separate laundry.
* There’s ample parking options including undercover parking for 2 cars and on-street parking with walkway to front door.
* Looking for a pet stay? Castaway is a popular pet stay property. Let your pooch run free on the the dog friendly beach opposite. Pup is permitted inside the house and the very large rear deck is also suitable as it is fully secured with roof covering. Please bring own pet bedding. Pet fee $50 applies.
Castaway is conveniently located across from the beach access path. Macmasters Beach is a patrolled beach, with a shallow swimming pool, playground and cafe. Copacabana Beach is just a beach stroll away also offering safe swimming, surfing, cafes and shops. The unique Cochrane Lagoon is positioned between the two beaches and an easy 3 min stroll via the street or beach. It's perfect for kayaking, exploring the wetlands, fishing and for chilling on its banks feeding the ducks and swans.
Walk along the beach in either direction to enjoy breakfast, take-aways for beach picnics or dinner at beach-side cafes at Macmasters and Copacabana beaches or just drinks at the Macmasters Beach surf club cafe on weekends. Located an easy beach walk to a a range of beach-side cafes and restaurants, grocery and bottle shop, chemist, hair and beauty salons and newsagent.
Tip..... Take a walk along the beach at dusk and enjoy drinks at the surf club or a Thai dinner (at Macmasters beach on Fri and Sun evenings) or wood-fire pizza over a wine or beer (at Copacabana beach most evenings) as you watch the sunset.
Macmasters Beach is a comfortable and scenic 90 min drive north of Sydney CBD on the M1 freeway. The Kincumber shopping centre is a good stop for last minute supplies and has a large 24 hour Coles, Liquorland, chemist, a great green grocer and butcher. There is also an excellent IGA with bottle shop at the smaller Kerta Rd shopping complex near Mitre 10. On the final stretch along the Scenic Road towards Macmasters Beach is a fresh seafood outlet but check opening hrs.
If you want to explore further, Bouddhi National Park is nearby providing unique and accessible coastal walking trails and swimming spots. You can drive there and park or walk via the trails that start in the streets behind the surf club. It is great for viewing whales and for swims at Little Beach and Maitland Bay Beach (both unpatrolled). Further along the Killcare peninsula is Killcare beach and Hardy's Bay - a 15 minute drive away with interesting fashion and homeware/gift shopping, renowned Bells restaurant and local cafes, boating and boat hire facilities. There is also a ferry service to Patonga, Ettalong and Palm Beach from Wagstaffe Wharf - great for a day out!
Avoca and Terrigal beaches are both 10 and 15 mins drive away and also offer swimming/surfing, shopping and dining. Erina Fair is only a 15 drive away for a full-on shopping centre experience.