Visiting Little River
Visitors can enjoy all that Little River has to offer including the riverfront, bars, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, parks, and restaurants.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Little River
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon) 10.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 43.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Little River
The picturesque setting of You Yangs Regional Park and Mt Rothwell Biodiversity Interpretation Centre exemplify the city's natural beauty. You'll also find Serendip Sanctuary and Lara Heritage and Historical Museum in the area.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Little River Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Little River
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Little River Station. Little River might not have as many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Little River
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 62°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Average annual rainfall for Little River is 0.79 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F