History buffs will enjoy exploring Kiev, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its cathedral, museums, and cafés. Top sights in the city include St. Andrew's Church, Saint Sophia Cathedral, and St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery.
- There are 319 hotels and other accommodations in Kiev
- The closest major airport is in Kiev (IEV-Zhulhany) 8.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kiev (KBP-Borispol Intl.) 32.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kiev
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Saint Sophia Cathedral, Kiev Opera House, and Independence Square. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include St. Andrew's Church, St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery, and Golden Gate. Other notable sights to explore include Kiev Zoo and St. Volodymyr's Cathedral.
In Kiev, you'll find 319 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Non-stop hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a café, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- 11 Mirrors Design Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Shevchenkivs'kyi District can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- InterContinental Kiev - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Shevchenkivs'kyi District can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with a free stocked minibar.
Other favorite sights in Kiev include Mariyinsky Palace, Kiev Monastery of the Caves, and Mother Motherland Statue.
Getting Around Kiev
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Kiev Passajirskii Station. Kiev might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kiev
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 19°F at night
- About 23.70 inches of rain falls on Kiev each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F